Edinburgh Castle tickets specify an entry time for visiting. You must arrive within this window of time, but you can stay until we close.
To guarantee entry on the date and at the time of your choice, you must buy your tickets online in advance. The best price for entry to the castle is online.
For the 9.30am slot, you must book tickets online at least a day in advance. All other time slots will need to be booked online at least 1.5 hours before the start time.
|Ticket type||Gate price||Online price|
|Concession (60yrs+ and unemployed)*||£16.00||£14.00|
Admission prices are subject to change. Children under 5 years old go free. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
*Proof of benefit may be requested at the checkpoint. The concession rate doesn’t apply to students.
- Historic Scotland members, Explorer Pass and Scottish Heritage Pass holders are guaranteed entry and don’t need to wait in line for tickets. Just make your way to Portcullis Gate where a member of staff will scan your membership card or pass.
- New members of English Heritage, Cadw and Manx National Heritage get a 50% discount on admission. Entry is free from the second year of membership.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. You must collect your carer admission ticket from the Group and Pre-paid tickets, just inside the castle.
- Current members of the British Armed Forces receive free entry on showing a valid MOD 90 card at the ticket office. This applies to the serving member only.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the castle in 2019 & 2020. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival.
- European Youth cardholders get a 10% discount on an admission ticket bought in person. A valid European Youth card must be shown.
Your ticket price includes an optional guided tour of Edinburgh Castle.