Tickets often sell out far in advance, especially over the summer months. Book your tickets online in advance for the best price and to guarantee entry. Once tickets are sold out online, there will be no further tickets available at the castle.
If you are a Historic Scotland Member your ticket will be free, but please make an online booking to guarantee entry. Not a member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits
|Ticket type||Online price||Gate price|
|Concession (65yrs+ and unemployed)||£14.50||£17.00|
|Family (1 adult, 2 children)||£35.50||£41.50|
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)||£52.00||£60.50|
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)||£61.50||£72.00|
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Concession price: this applies if you can show proof that you’re aged 65+ or unemployed.
Admission prices are subject to change.
- Historic Scotland members get free entry to our sites, but please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid membership on arrival.
- Not a Member? Join now to start enjoying the benefits.
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. Tickets are limited to two carers per transaction.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the castle. Please make an online booking to guarantee entry. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival (children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
- Current members of the British Armed Forces receive free entry to Edinburgh Castle (as well as Stirling Castle and Fort George). Please make an online booking using HM Forces from the list of ticket types. You will need to bring a valid MOD 90 card when you arrive at site. Please note free entry only applies to the serving member.