You should allow at least 2 hours to see all of the castle highlights.
|Summer (1 April to 30 Sep)||9.30am||6pm|
|Winter (1 Oct - 31 Mar)||9.30am||5pm|
Closing commences 1 hour before the actual closing time.
Please make an online booking to guarantee entry.
A one-way system will be operating within the castle. Staff here will control the flow of visitors, and can provide any additional assistance.
- All external spaces with visitor access
- The mobility vehicle is available to use (a face covering must be worn). Please ask a member of staff who can organise this for you
- Great Hall
- St Margaret’s Chapel
- Mons Meg
- One o’Clock Gun
- Palace Apartments – The Laich Hall and Antechamber (The Mary Room and The Birthing Room remain closed)
- Prisons of War exhibition (one vault remains closed)
- Honours of Scotland (Crown Jewels & Stone of Destiny)
- Prisons of War vaults (exhibition is closed)
- Scottish National War Memorial
- National War Museum
- Audio guides available to hire from the ticket office
- The Portcullis Shop and The Whisky and Finest Food Shop
- Please note that the shops will be capacity managed and there will be a one way system in place throughout. You must wear a face covering when visiting the shops
- Takeaway offering outside the Redcoat Café (view menu). Open daily, 9.30am to 4pm
- Queen Anne Tea Room (open 10am to 3pm)
- Toilets available in the Lower Ward just over the drawbridge (baby changing facilities available), Hospital Square, David’s Tower (just off Crown Square) and the National War Museum
- Accessible toilet available in the Queen Anne Building
Some areas/facilities will remain closed for now, we have a phased approach to re-opening while we work to make them safe.
The castle is closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day (25 and 26 December) and New Year's Day (1 January).