Capture their interest and fire their imagination. Edinburgh Castle is alive with exciting tales of its time as a royal residence, military fortress and prison of war.
Edinburgh Castle is a national resource for learning and welcomes learners of all ages. Take a look at some of the resources we can offer to support group visits and online learning.
Let learners experience history right where it happened. Book a visit to Edinburgh Castle to help your learners connect with Scotland’s heritage – and promote their health, wellbeing and creativity by taking learning outdoors!
We have a range of downloadable trails available to support nursery and primary school visits:
• Edinburgh Castle Maths Quest (upper primary)
• World War One trail (upper primary)
• Edinburgh Castle Jacobite Trail (upper primary, available in multiple languages)
• Edinburgh Castle Animal Safari (hard copy trail for early years learners, to book please enquire with firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are in the process of updating our Edinburgh Castle Investigating Guide for teachers.
You can also learn about Edinburgh Castle from your home, classroom or group meeting place.
Here are some online resources to help you inspire your learners with the past:
- A new interactive ThingLink plan exploring life at Edinburgh Castle
- Interactive 3D model of Edinburgh Castle on Sketchfab
- A filmed guided tour of Edinburgh Castle with Mhairi
- 6 learning resources from the educators at Twinkl (no subscription required)
- Films about the Children of Edinburgh Castle
- Online Maths Quest inspired by Edinburgh Castle