Food and Drink
The Tea Rooms nestled at the top of the castle in Crown Square, is a stylish and elegant place to enjoy snacks or meals.
The traditional afternoon teas can be one of the great pleasures of a visit to the castle. Indulge yourself with dainty sandwiches, scones, home-made strawberry jam, clotted cream, home-baked cake and whole leaf tea.
We also offer traditional Scottish dishes prepared from fresh local ingredients. Our soups and stews are ideal to warm up with on a blustery day.
There is a wide selection of teas, coffee and other soft drinks plus beers wines and spirits.
- All dietary requirements can be catered for with advanced notice. Please call 0131 225 9746 to discuss options
- High chairs and baby-changing facilities are available
- Tea Rooms are open in Summer from 9.30am until last orders at 5pm and in Winter from 10.30am and last orders at 4pm
Afternoon tea as a gift
Delight a friend or loved one with a gift of a day at the castle plus afternoon tea - book them here.
Gift vouchers are sent as e-tickets, please see our terms and conditions before purchasing.
You will be spoiled for choice at the Redcoat Café – where our chefs have created a seasonal menu including toasted deli sandwiches, soups and succulent roasts.
From snacks to hearty meals, there is something for everyone including the tempting delights on the cake counter.
Teas, coffees, cold drinks, beers, wines and spirits are also available.
They can all be enjoyed while taking in magnificent views of Edinburgh and the Firth of Forth.
If you prefer to keep on the move the 'grab and go' section has baguettes, bloomer sandwiches and snack pots to take away.
The Edinburgh Castle kids' box is full of healthy foods and fun treats.
- Hot food served from 11.30am to 3.30pm
- Dietary requirements can be accommodated ask for our 'Allergen Champion' if you are not sure
- High chairs and baby-changing facilities are available.
During our peak season at the castle we also have a roast tent in operation selling Pulled BBQ pork, Highland Venison sausage or traditional Bratwurst with sauerkraut! Full range of hot and cold drinks also available at this outlet positioned in Dury's battery...just follow the beautiful smell!